For some time I was really frustrated, since using two PC's is already hard, but using separate mouse and keyboard..
Simply put it is a chaos.
So I searched internet to find something, that could help me solve this issue. And then I found Synergy.
In this post I will explain how to setup Synergy on Windows machine. It's quite easy.
Since I have only Windows XP and Windows 7 at the moment I can explain only how to setup Synergy between those two.
Setup when Windows7 is PRIMARY OS.
- Choose a name for your PC
- Go to Advanced
- In Screen Name field enter your desired name. i.e.: windows7
- Configure relationship between two computers
- Choose: Share this computer's keyboard and mouse (server)
- Go to configure and in top menu add computers. ( maybe it's not important don't know that for sure )
- + -> windows7
- + -> xp
- Now in the lower part of the form you need to set relations.
- 1. right | windows7 | xp
- 2. left | xp | windows7
- That should be all settings you're required to setup.
- Now push start and on the other computer in field: Use another computer's shared keyboard and mouse ( client ) place IP address of computer running as ( server )
If you still have any question about it, feel free to ask them here.
You can download Synergy from here.